I always drank alcoholically which means I never knew when to stop and there was never enough. But up until 4 1/2 years ago it really wasn’t that bad. However, the last six years were that bad.
What do I mean by that bad? I’m glad you asked…
- 2 1/2 bottles of wine a night x’s 7 days a week = 17.5 bottles of wine a week
- 17.5 bottles of wine a week x’s 4 weeks = 70 bottles of wine a month
- 70 bottles of wine a month x’s 12 months a year = 840 bottles of wine a year
- 840 bottles of wine a year x’s $8.99 a bottle (US) = $7,551.60 per
- $7,551.60 x’s 6 years = $45,309.60 in wine costs used to pour down my throat, ruin my health, permanently alter my metabolism and make me lose sleep, wake up sick and cheat my kids.
That’s a fuckload of money.
That bad also means…
- 6 hours of drinking time on weeknights plus 8 hours of drinking on Friday and Saturday nights = 46 hours per week of drinking time
- 46 hours per week x’s 4 = 184 hours per month
- 184 hours per month x’s 12 = 2,208 hours per year
- 2,208 hours per year x’s 6 years = 13, 248 hours over 6 years
- 13,248 hours divided by 24 = 552 days
- 552 days equals roughly 1 1/2 years that I could have been sleeping well, spending with my growing (grown) children, holding hands with my husband, volunteering, cooking and baking, watching trash TV, reading good books or countless other things I missed doing because I was too busy drinking.
That’s a shitload of time wasted.
A fuckload of money and a shitload of time.
That’s what that bad is.