Way behind in my blog reading so to all my friends and fellow bloggers…sorry about that. Honestly, one of the best parts of my day is when I sit down (usually at lunch) to read your blogs and comment. Unfortunately we’re coming into our busy season at work so reading blogs, and even writing mine, may slow down quite a bit until fall.
But as they say, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now I’m content to come into work a little early so that I can get my blogging done before the paying j-o-b starts.
Not much going on here today so I’ll keep this short. I’m trying not to clench. I caught myself yesterday when I felt my headache coming back so I did some jaw opening exercises and in about five minutes the headache had dissipated. Amazing.
I’m kind of in a fog today. I was stuffy last night so I took a benadryl before bed. Big mistake. It did to me what it does to little kids if you give them too much, kept me awake instead of making me sleepy. (I took ONE.) But my nose dried up! So I was breathing really well while I laid there watching the clock change and getting pissed off because I couldn’t fall asleep. I think I finally drifted off about 1:30 am and was back up at 6:00. I need at least seven hours of sleep to function properly so…yawn…wait…what was I saying?
Let’s do a round of “things you might not know about me”.
- Age: 51
- Number of children: 6 (not all biological)
- Number of grandchildren: 6
- Height: 5’4 1/4″ (that 1/4 is very important)
- Weight: yeah…right
- Teen Heartthrob: Donny Osmond (still makes my heart go pitter patter)
- Favorite Movie: Casa Blanca
- Favorite Actress: Audrey Hepburn (followed closely by Katharine)
- Favorite Actor: John Wayne
- Favorite Music Genre: Motown and Rat Pack
- Favorite Recording Artist: Sinatra
- What I wanted to be when I grew up: Teacher
- What I want to be when I grow up: Writer
- Astrological Sign: Taurus
- Chinese Astrology Sign: Ox
- Best Physical Quality: Eyes
- Best Emotional Quality: Empathy
- Hometown: Washington, DC
- Age I took my first drink: 16
- Age I took my last drink: 49
- Why I blog: To process what’s rolling around in my head so I can make sense of it; and if it helps even one person to at least think about getting sober…that’s a bonus of epic proportions.
Your turn. Cut and paste this into the comments and tell me a little about you. Or not…I’m easy.