Sitting in front of my computer unable to think of anything to write usually means it’s time for a gratitude post. God has to hit me upside the head with those bricks less and less often these days.
Dear God –
Today I am grateful for:
- My sobriety.
- An opportunity to bring a meeting to our local detox center last night. It was a good thing. I’m going to do it again next month. (Our group does it once a month.)
- That my knees are healing. It’s hard to get on them and pray when all the skin has been scraped off. Good thing my God doesn’t give a rat’s ass how or when I pray…just that I pray. (He also doesn’t care if I curse btw. My God rocks.)
- Children who are able to give. The twins and their friends have organized a fundraiser for one of my BFF’s sister’s son (keep up here) who has Lissencephaly and has beaten many odds to reach the age of 3 and take his first steps. His parents are just good people who struggle to get him all of the best care available and my kids wanted to help. They rock my world.
- A husband who knows when I need chocolate or flowers and will go out of his way to get them for me.
- A job that I like with people that I love.
- My health.
- Great dogs. Pepper (a Brittany Spaniel mix) and Tasha Marie (a beagle). Both are rescues with stories that would make you cry. I look in their eyes every day and see unconditional love and gratitude. Who could ask for more?
- A great hairdresser. This new cut rocks!
- All of my kids and their kids. You are the reason my heart beats.
- This blogging community that has taught me that a sense of “community” can come from anywhere…even cyberspace.
The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! ~Henry Ward Beecher