I’ve been looking over some of my posts and I realized how damn depressing the last few have been. Jeez! I mean come on! I’m sober for God’s sake! It can’t be THAT bleak.
It isn’t of course, so I decided today I would cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
- I am grateful for my sobriety.
- I am grateful for my loving and kind husband. The man is a saint.
- I am grateful for all 6 of my wonderful, loving, sometimes trying, all the time filling my heart with joy children.
- I am grateful for anti-depressants which return my brain to normal and allow me to feel the aforementioned joy.
- I am grateful for a lovely home filled with love and affection.
- I am grateful for my friends. The old who have grown with me, the new who have helped me discover new things and the ones I haven’t even met yet.
- I am grateful for a job. It may not be the perfect one but it pays the bills and feeds my kids.
- I am grateful for finally giving in and going to AA.
- I am grateful for blogs and the wonderful people who write them. They pour out their souls to me and I soak up their wisdom and experiences which serves to lighten my load and help me through my day.
- I am grateful for prayer and meditation (both of which I need to get better at doing).
- I am grateful for good hair, long eyelashes, oily skin and great legs. All of which help me cope with my ever advancing age.
- I am grateful for finding this way to journal because it lets me get the stuff out of my head on onto a page where I can look at it in a better light.
From the bottom of my heart – thank you.